About the Gardner's!

My photo
This is us! Jared, Stefanie, Anna and Aiden! Anna is 4 and Aiden is 2, time flies so fast! We're doing our best to enjoy life and take every obstacle head on! :) I'm hoping to have this blog be about all the happy things in our life and keep it mostly positive! Obviously, we have things in our lives that aren't so great, but I'll do my best to keep this as uplifting as possible ;)

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

More pics and info...







Well, as I was looking at my pictures, I forgot that since I last wrote, we went on a road trip which was quite an adventure! We had lots of fun though. We left early early, like 5 a.m. early, on a Sunday morning (2-15-09) and drove all day down to Gilbert, AZ, where we stayed with my aunt Melody and her family for two nights. That was one of the worst days though, holy cow. It took us about 14 hours to get down there, we had to keep making stops to let Anna run around for a min or two and of course to get gas occasionally. So of course once we got to their house, Anna was running around like a wild child! Seriously, she wouldn't stop for a second! Poor girl. Aiden did really well though. We borrowed Jared's dad's car, a Lincoln Towncar, because we didn't have enough room in our car to fit everything, so it was great taking his car. I was able to just slide in the backseat and feed Aiden his bottle while in his carseat. He slept most the time and did so so good. The next day, Monday, we went looking around parts of Mesa with Jared's grandparents and they showed us the temple grounds and where they grew up and everything, it was awesome. Tuesday, we left in the morning to drive to San Diego to stay the night with my Grandma and Grandpa, who live on a houseboat. Well, recently they sold that houseboat, so I was very glad we got to stay with them! It was interesting staying on there with two kids, but we managed for one night. Well, we got there in the afternoon and that night, my grandma and grandpa were working at the temple so we drove down the street to Seaport Village and hung out for an hour or so and took Anna on a carousel ride.
The next day we went with my grandparents to the San Diego Zoo and it was so fun!! We stayed there til around 2 or 3 and by that time Anna was so tired, but she also had so much fun! They had a little petting zoo that we took her in to and she loved to walk around with the animals and pet them! Oh and I think her favorite thing was the kettle corn....we tried to take it away from her for a few minutes so she could do the petting zoo, but nooo way, she cried if we did that!
That night, Wednesday night, we spent at a hotel because we didn't want to do two nights on the houseboat. Thursday morning we left and drove to Las Vegas!! Well, technically to Henderson, which is where Jared's Uncle and his wife live. We stayed a night with them, then the next day went to the Coke Store and the M&M Store, both so cool! Then after those, we drove home. It was a short but very fun vacation!
Also, there are a few pics of Anna with black stuff on her face that was taken a few days ago....yes, it's mascara! I accidentally left my makeup bag out and she got into it and starting trying to put it on just like I do! I couldn't help but laugh, it looked so funny! That's it for now!

1 comment: