About the Gardner's!

My photo
This is us! Jared, Stefanie, Anna and Aiden! Anna is 4 and Aiden is 2, time flies so fast! We're doing our best to enjoy life and take every obstacle head on! :) I'm hoping to have this blog be about all the happy things in our life and keep it mostly positive! Obviously, we have things in our lives that aren't so great, but I'll do my best to keep this as uplifting as possible ;)

Friday, July 1, 2011

Gorillas, tigers and giraffes, oh my!

As you can guess by the title, we went to the zoo today! First time we've been to the Hogle Zoo as a family and we loved it :). First things first though....
This morning we had family pictures taken by a friend of mine who did a great job! I got a sneak peek of a few of the pictures and I already know I'm going to love them :). We went to the Bountiful Tabernacle and had them taken there, then we went across the street to get some taken by an old door....well, poor little Anna got stung by a wasp that was living by that door! :( We all felt so bad for her, she was just screaming and crying, poor thing. None of us have ever been stung by anything before, so I just felt so bad for her, can't imagine the pain for such a little girl! It was no one's fault, but we all felt bad just the same. After I put a bandaid on her though, she said she was better....thank goodness for bandaids ;). We quickly wrapped up our session after that and headed off to the zoo.
We got there and of course the place was already packed, but we still had a great time. The kids really enjoyed seeing all of the different animals and I of course enjoyed seeing my favorite animal....the tigers :). Not really sure what it is I like about them, but they're my favorite! They're so regal looking....I don't know, I just like them! We ended up staying there about three hours, there's so much to see and do! We went on the train ride, which the kids LOVED, and we went on the carousel, which they loved too! Not sure when we would go again, but we really did enjoy it. Of course it was really hot outside and we had brought water bottles with us, but we reached a point where it just got too hot and we had to leave, I seriously thought I almost got a heat stroke, I still have a headache from it! But we're home now and trying to relax from our busy, yet fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment