About the Gardner's!

My photo
This is us! Jared, Stefanie, Anna and Aiden! Anna is 4 and Aiden is 2, time flies so fast! We're doing our best to enjoy life and take every obstacle head on! :) I'm hoping to have this blog be about all the happy things in our life and keep it mostly positive! Obviously, we have things in our lives that aren't so great, but I'll do my best to keep this as uplifting as possible ;)

Friday, April 1, 2011

Funny moment

I think we all have something happen in our lives that is both sad and funny at the same time. Well, that happened a couple nights ago. Nothing huge, but still funny and sad at the same time. We had just gotten the kids out of their bath and they were walking around with their towels on. Lately, we've had to quickly put Aiden's diaper on right away, otherwise he'll pee on the floor. So we did that, thinking he hadn't peed anywhere. Then poor little Anna went running into the kitchen and totally slipped and fell on the floor! At first I thought it was because she was still wet, but nope! There was a big puddle of pee on the kitchen floor. It was seriously like one of those scenes from a movie where a kid falls in some other kid's vomit or something (like in Cheaper by the Dozen). So at first, I asked if she was ok, then started to clean it up. We had to give her another quick bath because, well, she had pee all over her! Then, as I got her dressed afterwards, I just started laughing! After all, she DID slip in a puddle of pee, I just thought it was funny! I made sure she wasn't really hurt, but was just laughing at the same time! See what I mean? It's a sad sort of funny ;).

2 comments:

  1. OMG that's hilarious! I would have started laughing almost immediately. I guess that makes you a better mom that you didn't LOL
    Poor Anna, but that totally made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha glad we could entertain you! ;) My initial reaction was trying to make sure it really was pee and trying to figure out what to do with Anna, then we stuck her in the tub again. Then I cleaned it up and afterwards could laugh about it when I could really think about it! lol

    ReplyDelete