About the Gardner's!

My photo
This is us! Jared, Stefanie, Anna and Aiden! Anna is 4 and Aiden is 2, time flies so fast! We're doing our best to enjoy life and take every obstacle head on! :) I'm hoping to have this blog be about all the happy things in our life and keep it mostly positive! Obviously, we have things in our lives that aren't so great, but I'll do my best to keep this as uplifting as possible ;)

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

GRATEFUL GRATEFUL GRATEFUL

Have you ever really STOPPED and taken the time to think of the things you're grateful for? I'm not talking about just around Thanksgiving time either. We are SOOO rich in our lifestyles, it's easy to take advantage of it or wish there were something else we could have. In our lives, we're upgrading, wanting more, wanting better, it's just our nature.
Last night, I was watching a certain show. There was a scene that showed people who lived in this tiny town in Guatemala, about 300 people lived in this tiny town. It was basically a place in the middle of nowhere. You had to hike a mountain more than 3 miles to get there from the next nearest town, takes about two hours to get there on foot. You can only get there on foot or by helicopter, which means these people rarely get outsiders/visitors and don't have much. They don't even have running water or electricity. THINK ABOUT THAT.
There are probably things in our life that we wish were better. There are gadgets and clothes that we really want. We want to take trips and do fun recreational activities. And yet there are people in our world that don't have the things we take for granted. What would you do if you didn't have running water or electricity? Do you think you could live like that? These people have no other choice.
We turn on a light switch and the light comes on. We take showers and run the dishwasher like any other old routine. We can even usually afford to pay the bills that come with such utilities. We have apartments, houses, cars and goodness knows what other luxuries. Even this computer I'm typing on is using electricity! I grew up living with all these things we take for granted and some people don't even know what it's like to use stuff like that.
Just watching that short segment last night made me think of all the wonderful things I have in my life and made me once again grateful for all the LUXURIES I do have. We are rich in so many ways, even if we don't feel that way. How do you think those people would act if they came into our homes today? I think they would be overwhelmed, they would look at us like we were kings and queens. That's the way we should feel everyday because we truly are rich and we should be grateful for all those things we take for granted. I know I am!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment