About the Gardner's!

My photo
This is us! Jared, Stefanie, Anna and Aiden! Anna is 4 and Aiden is 2, time flies so fast! We're doing our best to enjoy life and take every obstacle head on! :) I'm hoping to have this blog be about all the happy things in our life and keep it mostly positive! Obviously, we have things in our lives that aren't so great, but I'll do my best to keep this as uplifting as possible ;)

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Power of LAUGHING

Have you ever really taken the time to notice how GOOD it feels to laugh? I think I underestimated its power in our world. The other night wasn't a particularly great night for me. I was tired, ready for the kids to go to bed, done with the day. Earlier in the day, Anna and I played with a couple of her dolls together for quite a while. It was fun at first, but then I got bored and stopped playing. That night after dinner, Anna wanted to play with the dolls again. So we sat on the couch and at first, I honestly did NOT want to play again, I just wasn't in the mood. I felt bad by that, but I did promise her that after dinner we could play.

After a minute or two, Anna made her doll sneeze on mine. I threw my doll in the air as if the sneeze had affected the doll so much that it threw her in the air. She just LAUGHED! So we did it again and again, over and over. I hadn't heard Anna LAUGH SO HARD in quite a while, so of course it had me laughing too! We kept doing it over and over because I loved hearing and watching Anna laugh so hard at it! And because I was laughing too, of course it put me in a better mood and we continued playing with the dolls and Anna making hers sneeze ;). That day, it was the power of laughter that brought me out of my bad mood, I think it's more powerful than we give it credit for ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment