About the Gardner's!

My photo
This is us! Jared, Stefanie, Anna and Aiden! Anna is 4 and Aiden is 2, time flies so fast! We're doing our best to enjoy life and take every obstacle head on! :) I'm hoping to have this blog be about all the happy things in our life and keep it mostly positive! Obviously, we have things in our lives that aren't so great, but I'll do my best to keep this as uplifting as possible ;)

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mommy, don't take my eye out!

Poor Anna was hit with pink eye in both eyes this week, I feel so bad for her. She's been more tired, more miserable, and her eyes look awful and red. It's also made for a partially cranky child as well, I don't blame her! Aiden has been sick with a cold for almost a week now too, he's definitely been more cranky and whiny, poor kid. I REALLY hope they get better soon, having sick kids is no fun! BUT, who says having sick kids means there's no humor? ;)
We were at Jared's parent's house on Sunday for the typical Sunday dinner, when I asked Anna to come into the bathroom so I could wipe her eyes, since they were starting to look a little goopey. She came into the bathroom, very reluctantly, and was saying "But mommy, I don't want to take my eye out!" I was stunned, I thought what in the world?? And I said, "Anna, I'm not going to take your eye out, I'm just going to wipe it clean." She didn't believe me at first and kept saying don't take my eye out! She finally let me clean it and all was well. Needless to say, I and Jared's mom and sister were laughing when we were done, I kept wondering where in the world she heard something like that from??
Well, the goopiness didn't go away and her eyes got more and more red, so I called the doctor's office this morning and made an appt. to take Anna in and get her eyes checked. Of course, once she found out we were going to the dr's, she started panicking saying she didn't want the doctor to take her eye out! I got her in the car and she started crying and kept saying the whole way there that she didn't want to see the doctor and didn't want the doctor to take her eye out. I kept trying to explain to her what would happen at the doctor's office, but she just didn't get it! When we saw the doctor, she explained to Anna that she wouldn't take her eye out and that, in fact, she didn't have to touch her eyes at all, that she already saw what she needed to see, and that was that! Anna got her sucker at the end of the visit and was SO happy the doctor didn't take her eye out and kept telling me so the whole way home. It was so funny yet so sad at the same time! I still wonder where on earth an idea like that came from.......oh the things kids say!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh that's adorable and sad! Poor Anna!
    I remember when I was a kid, and having sleepovers with my cousin if we were too loud my mom would say "Be quiet or I will seperate you two!" and I took it very literally it scared the crap out of me because I thought she was going to rip us each in half. Morbid thoughts for a kid, but it happens. I have no idea where it comes from, but I hope Anna feels better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha oh dear!! That's quite a traumatic thing as well for a young kid to think about! Glad you weren't actually "separated" ;) I hope she feels better soon too, she was just miserable tonight! :(

    ReplyDelete